Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

New super hub 3 no printer connection

I won't make this a long essay as I'm sick if the whole thing. My SH3 won't connect to my printer. ' Not virgins fault ' of course not. It worked perfectly befire. Any ideas ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: New super hub 3 no printer connection

Does your printer still think it is trying to connect to the WiFi SSID from your previous router? In other words, have you made the correct changes to your printer’s settings so it recognises and connects to the Hub 3.0?

Does your printer connect to the 2.4GHz WiFi? If so, some devices get confused by the single SSID broadcast by a Hub 3.0, covering both WiFi bands, and require the Hub 3.0’s settings changed to broadcast two SSIDs. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@jolliffe wrote:

I won't make this a long essay as I'm sick if the whole thing. My SH3 won't connect to my printer. ' Not virgins fault ' of course not. It worked perfectly befire. Any ideas ?

not sure why you'd think your printer not connecting to a WIFI network would be "virgins fault".
but the advice given already is the most appropriate.
check what WIFI network the printer is trying to connect to, factory restore it if necessary and try to connect to the WIFI again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Advice from @Ernie_C is invariably the answer ...

Go onto Hub3 settings and split the BB into 2    ...a) 2.4 and b) 5ghz … with different SSID names ...

Then re-set printer wifi to connect to SSID name for 2,4ghz  … ZvnK 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

Advice from @Ernie_C is invariably the answer ...

Go onto Hub3 settings and split the BB into 2    ...a) 2.4 and b) 5ghz … with different SSID names ...

Then re-set printer wifi to connect to SSID name for 2,4ghz  … ZvnK 

making sure firstly, of course, that the printer is actually trying to connect to the new wifi network, and not the old one.

FYI, i know the "split wifi networks" advice is given out widely here, but personally i've yet to come accross any device that had a problem with the combined network.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Apologies @chenks!!!  Forgot that bit  of your advice - perfectly wise!  

(Would think that the old SSID details would have been deleted initially as basic part of problem solving  …  BUT  !!!)

… ZvnK ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I'm net very tech minded so in my maybe simple way of thinking is that before virgin changed my hub to duoer hub ,3 I was able to print my documents/invoices and the odd recipe. Then the day the new hub was I stalled by virgin I can't print anything. So it's virgin wifi I assumed it was the fault of the hub as so many other people are having the same problems.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I will try. Not sure how to do it .But I'll have another go . Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. I will try later. I'm not tech minded so it'd all a bit confusing for me. ,( Old age I guess)  I'll let you know

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@jolliffe wrote:

I'm net very tech minded so in my maybe simple way of thinking is that before virgin changed my hub to duoer hub ,3 I was able to print my documents/invoices and the odd recipe. Then the day the new hub was I stalled by virgin I can't print anything. So it's virgin wifi I assumed it was the fault of the hub as so many other people are having the same problems.

the new hub will have a different WIFI name, so you need to tell the printer to connect to that new WIFI, the old one no longer exists.

0 Kudos