Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

New router

How do I order a new router mine has been playing up I’ve had it for years been on hold for nearly an hour until batteries failed on the phone and nobody is replying to messages customer service is horrendous with this company

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: New router

@Cfearns70 wrote:

How do I order a new router mine has been playing up I’ve had it for years been on hold for nearly an hour until batteries failed on the phone and nobody is replying to messages customer service is horrendous with this company

Can you describe the "playing up" please.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It will just disconnect everything and then once rebooted won’t allow everything to reconnect I was rebooting and factory resetting for over an hour last night with no joy so I left it off overnight and everything reconnected in a few minutes this morning this is the second time this week this has happened

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sadly, you won't get any help here either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Shebeepy wrote:

Sadly, you won't get any help here either.

Pardon?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 or better cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Cfearns70 wrote:

It will just disconnect everything and then once rebooted won’t allow everything to reconnect I was rebooting and factory resetting for over an hour last night with no joy so I left it off overnight and everything reconnected in a few minutes this morning this is the second time this week this has happened

What are the lights doing on the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I posted nearly six weeks ago. Nada.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As yet I don’t know the next time it happened I’m going to attach my laptop and see how that works

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The lights appear fine and I can see the WiFi on all devices it’s just most won’t connect and my phone keeps connecting and disconnecting

0 Kudos