Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New router required

I have to reset my router at least twice a day and it's clear I need a new one as still on the old hub 2. But it's impossible to contact anyone to get it replaced. The request new router web form is broken and no answer on phone, if I even manage to get through. Just spent an hour on hold but I suspect I was in some call centre black hole. Can anyone help?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New router required

Did you mean this "form"

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

Were you “Oopsed”? That usually means you are on an old package that the computer cant recognise so they want to speak to you about it. When you call it in and get through it's a coin toss whether the agent knows about the scheme. If they do they will just say "ok we will send one out" - or - they say "oh no, that's an upgrade there will be a charge and it starts a new contract". Neither of those statements in correct - so just say no thanks and leave the call.

Or call in and say your Hub is faulty and when they send a Tech to fix it - they will just swap it for a Hub3.

Note that calling at 08.00 gives you the best chance of getting through quickly

After that you could try texting on 07533 051809 - include account name/number and what the issue is and see what they say – replies may take a bit longer

Finally a VM person should pick this up here and sort the swap for you, but it can take several days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, John

Yes, it was that form. 

I can't actually get to speak to anyone on the phone, which is the main problem, so not even getting the wrong information from them - just nothing. The automated line runs the test and then says we'll put you through - it then either goes to a message saying all our contact centres are closed or I'm put on hold, which I've held on for various lengths of time, yesterday was an hour but couldn't carry on and I don't think I was actually in a queue, just listening to hold music.

I've tried the text number with no response. The next step will be sourcing another provider. 

I'm really just venting here now, sorry!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Did you not get through at 08.00?

Some say if you run the auto test and the call disconnects then if you call back within the next 10 minutes the system "knows" you have done it and so puts you through. So.. worth a try.

A VM person will respond on here and sort it for you but it can take a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Koakesy,

Welcome to forums and thank you for your post 🙂
I am sorry to hear this and I can look into this for you, I will pop you over a private message and take a look for you. Just keep an eye out for the purple envelope.
thanks,
Zoie

0 Kudos