Menu
janeym11
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New router on order

Hi, i rang to report my hub had died at 8am last Friday. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a new one? I am working from home and obviously can't when I have no wifi!! Thanks

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New router on order

@janeym11 wrote:

Hi, i rang to report my hub had died at 8am last Friday. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a new one? I am working from home and obviously can't when I have no wifi!! Thanks

did they confirm that they were sending a new one?

3-5 days i believe is the norm.. so by Friday i guess..

0 Kudos
janeym11
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes they said they were sending a new one. taking a week to receive a new one is awful in these times of working from home. I'm told to stay at home but it seems in order to do any work I have to go into work. Not a very quick turnaround when Virgin know how important wifi is at the mo!

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@janeym11 wrote:

Yes they said they were sending a new one. taking a week to receive a new one is awful in these times of working from home. I'm told to stay at home but it seems in order to do any work I have to go into work. Not a very quick turnaround when Virgin know how important wifi is at the mo!

Without being too flippant, if you want a better service subscribe to the vm business service with a next day turnaround on faults.

0 Kudos
janeym11
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, how do i do that and does it cost? I already pay top whack for my package which i feel is excessive, thanks

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@janeym11 wrote:

Hi, how do i do that and does it cost? I already pay top whack for my package which i feel is excessive, thanks

it’s a totally different package - start here

it costs more than the residential service, but comes with a higher service level (and i believe a 4G backup service - though this may not be included by default, i don’t know..)

You would, i assume, have to be out of contract on your residential service (though they may transfer service to business - it’s something that you’d have to discuss with their sales people... i really don’t know..)

0 Kudos
janeym11
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin never cease to amaze me. I thought I had better chase up the delivery of my new hub. Rang at 8am, call centre in India, oh due to a technical issue one isn't on it's way. In other words no-one had ordered one last week. She ordered it today, said it was coming via Yodel on Thursday, something which they clearly could have done last Friday, which they didn't, despite me saying I am working from home. Ultimate Oomph means Ultimate no help whatsoever. So annoyed!!

0 Kudos