cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router constant issues

fwme
Joining in

So for the past few months since about November I've been having constant issues to the degree that I don't think I've had a week of consistent internet...

A broadband assessment was run that concluded that I wasn't getting the speeds I was promised which was "fixed" after about 3 weeks for a week or so then back to normal.

On the 7th an engineer came round to upgrade my Hub 4 to a Hub 5 and some new cabling. The first day all was fine, then a day or so after I kept getting disconnections daily 2/3 times. Tried contacting the engineer who claimed to be liable for 10 days after but after 1 message I didn't hear anything back.

Yesterday I tried contacting 2 different operators who both told me that there were no issues with my internet despite a downtime occurring while I was chatting to them.

I finally captured some router logs today and noticed the below logs (and also included the totals) which line up with when downtime occurred (including another one this morning, which prompted this post).

To preempt some of the troubleshooting questions:

- I've rebooted & reset the router many times

- I was using a 3rd party router but since yesterday I've been using the VM Hub 5 (factory reset yesterday).

- Restarting via the control panel or the wall plug "resolves" it as the disconnections only last several minutes usually, but sometimes they're semi-permanent lasting many hours during which restarting does nothing

I'm close to the end of my wick with Virgin now, having been gaslit several times and had nothing change in months while still being charged 63 a month. Hopefully someone here can either help me resolve my issues or preferably help me prove Virgin dropped the ball so I can leave my contract early.

Thanks, happy to provide any information I can

Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 10.50.38.png

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 10-48-14 Hub 5.png

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Too many errors, but the figures are accumulative since the hub was last power cycled. So please turn off your hub for a short period, this will reset the counters, then post a new full set of stats after about two hours. This will indicate the current line status. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

It was power cycled that morning

Upstream power levels are on the high side and there are loads of T2 errors. Please post the downstream stats. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi @fwme 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry you've been experiencing issues with your service. I'd love to help!

I've not been able to locate your details using your Forum credentials so will pop you a PM 📩 and we can take it from there.

Hope to hear from you soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs