Menu
fellview
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New home build installation date

Hi . I am moving to a new build middle of April, but can get a definite answer about if Virgin will cable to the premises by then .I am told by one person, it is an issue with access to the cabinet and the developer on site .I have offered to speak to site foreman to clarify, but haven't had a reply.

I have registered online with the new address , but the one reply I received, didn't help.

I would like to stay with Virgin, ( customer for 10 yrs plus ) but need an answer before we move in, or will have to go to another provider .The house has FTTP.

THANK YOU

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New home build installation date

Speak to the housing developers.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In new build estates (is that yours?) the builder usually partners with VM or OpenReach to install the infrastructure - not both.  Ask them which they went with.

You say there is FTTP to the new house - is that from VM or OR?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
fellview
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

its robertson homes who went with openreach
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You will not get VM service then. You will need to cancel your account. There is a 30-day notice period and there may be early disconnection fees depending on when you current contract minimum period expires.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos