Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New customer and not happy

Been customer for just over 2 weeks and second time internet has gone down costing me time and money not to mention anxiety and frustration.  Seriously regretting changing to Virgin media!  Site says all is ok but it isn’t ok here!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer and not happy

problems happen - time - well we all waste that on the internet - losing money - if thats the case then you are on the wrong deal - this is a domestic service so it is what it is - if you want compensation for financial loss you need a business account

to your problems - if you want help post some info

Tony
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

The "Check service status" is  only triggered when a problem affects a large number of customers, there is 0800 561 0061 which does a check to more local / post code issues.

What are the status lights on the front of your hub showing ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Deesy wrote:

Been customer for just over 2 weeks and second time internet has gone down costing me time and money not to mention anxiety and frustration.  Seriously regretting changing to Virgin media!  Site says all is ok but it isn’t ok here!

this sounds like it has been specifically worded for legal purposes.
however it is misguided to do so, and this is not a business product and as such has no SLA other than "best endeavours".

if you have lost money then it suggests you don't have a backup service, which anyone who relies on internet for "money2 would almost certainly have.
as for anxiety and frustation, if a brief loss of internet access cause that then what has the COVID situation caused you? sometimes a little perspective is needed before posting a rant.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I note your response.

no legal purposes intended, It was just total frustration at that situation, especially happening right at the start of my contract.  Just to clarify I am not running a business but I am working from home so need reliable access.

sadly I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks with or without Covid so please don’t judge. I thought a customer forum was somewhere I could say how I feel, but obviously I was wrong.

thanks for taking the time to reply though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony,  it seems to have been a fault in my local area which hopefully is now fixed.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Deesy wrote:

Hi, I note your response.

no legal purposes intended, It was just total frustration at that situation, especially happening right at the start of my contract.  Just to clarify I am not running a business but I am working from home so need reliable access.

sadly I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks with or without Covid so please don’t judge. I thought a customer forum was somewhere I could say how I feel, but obviously I was wrong.

thanks for taking the time to reply though.

It's a support forum - not a rant forum.

If you require assistance then ask.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos