Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New customer and connection is so bad

Hi, 

Please can you give an update on when the issue in Hampstead, London, will be fixed?

We´ve been customers for less than a week and have only had functioning internet 25% of the time. It seems to be an intermittent issue, as it keep dropping in and out.

We´ve done all the home checks and after more than an 1 hour wait to your customer service, we got to book in an engineer for Friday. This has now been put on hold until you have fixed the problem but you have not confirmed when this will be. 

Please can you confirm this asap. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer and connection is so bad

What does the service status page say?

If there is a local area issue then engineer appointments will get cancelled.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey AWK123. Sounds really frustrating.

If you're still in the cooling off period it might be worth looking for a new provider as Virgin are struggling to respond to customers and fix problems.

Good luck.

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Tilt wrote:
Hey AWK123. Sounds really frustrating.

If you're still in the cooling off period it might be worth looking for a new provider as Virgin are struggling to respond to customers and fix problems.

Good luck.

That's not the case at all

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think I'll go with the hundreds of posts on here and social media as opposed to the view of "gary_dexter".

We all get that you're a fan of Virgin. The loyalty is admirable and post count is impressive. But some of the nonsense you come out with to apologise for their shoddy service is, frankly, embarassing. Palming people off with copy/paste responses and dismissing problems can't be good for the brand.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Tilt wrote:

I think I'll go with the hundreds of posts on here and social media as opposed to the view of "gary_dexter".

We all get that you're a fan of Virgin. The loyalty is admirable and post count is impressive. But some of the nonsense you come out with to apologise for their shoddy service is, frankly, embarassing. Palming people off with copy/paste responses and dismissing problems can't be good for the brand.

Please stop spamming the forum with unnecessary responses

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's a community forum Gary and - while it may not be your view - my view is that currently Virgin are struggling to deal with a huge backlog of customer queries, complaints and pleas for help. This is evident from threads here and on social media. So it is absolutely fair to warn new people of the reality of wait times and how long it will take to get a response especially for those who may soon become trapped in contracts. 

If you're telling people not to say anything negative about Virgin then you've probably lost the argument. 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding to my question, Gary.

We´ve checked this many times now - it keeps changing from there being a problem and no problem. 

Just now there has been an update that there is a problem again. I understand there can be issues but there needs to be better communication from Virgin Medias side on when the issue will be 100% fixed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much, Tilt.

We´ve considered this as well. They´ve just let us know that there is a problem in our area (this wasn´t the case yesterday though) but let´s wait and see. 

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos