cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Wifi Pod

Ironheart
Tuning in

Hey All.

I've already got 2 wifi pods as part of the package I'm on and they have been superb, totally recommend them!

However I've just set up a garden shed and cannot get the WiFi to connect to it.

Am I able to get a 3rd pod and if so how, as again struggling via the app.

Any help/guidance much appreciated!

Cheers!

14 REPLIES 14

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ironheart 

Have you tried by logging into /my-virgin-media , as per the info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max ?

How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?

If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to My Virgin Media, clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey! Thanks for the reply. 

Yes first thing i tried, but just asks you to call or chat, which neither appear to work?

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @Ironheart 

Have you tried by logging into /my-virgin-media , as per the info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max ?

How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?

If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to My Virgin Media, clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab.

Although, I’m not sure that a ‘garden shed’ is going to count as a room? In fact I’m fairly sure that the Ts & Cs explicitly exclude ‘outbuildings’ etc. in the speed ‘guarantee’.

Ah, do they? Fair enough. Can I purchase additional pods, do you know?

Hi @Ironheart 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

What issues with the app are you having please? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hey,

3 times I've tried to chat online, gone through security and just been left waiting for 90 mins plus, I assume I was cut off.....maybe I was still on hold....who knows!😀

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Dont bother with another pod. The best way to get perfect connectivity in the "garden shed" is to run external grade Cat6a ethernet cable from one of the Hub ports out and down to the shed and lust plug a wireless access point on the other end of the cable - job done - for £30-40

Does assume you you have power in there 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you for that information. Can you confirm what specifically is stopping you on the app from ordering the WiFi pod?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Unless I'm missing something, not being able to talk with anyone and place an order is stopping me ordering a pod.