Menu
samatki
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New User: Hub 3 Atrocious wifi range, and ethernet connection keeps on dropping out!

I'm still within my 14 day sign up period, so I'm going to cancel, but what the hell virgin? First you send me a hub3 without a power cable, and then when you send a power cable after I complained, it turns out what you sent me is just terrible.

The hub 3 wifi is just awful, wifi speed drops from 100mbit/s to about 20mbit/s just from going up a single flight of stairs!

As an alternative I tried using an ethernet connection, but it keeps on dropping out every 5 minutes! I need the internet for work, and this is entirely unacceptable. I get a far more stable connection through my phone's tethering!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New User: Hub 3 Atrocious wifi range, and ethernet connection keeps on dropping out!

To save the hassle of spending hours on the phone, you can cancel your contract in writing and address it to 

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support,

Diamond Plaza,

Daleside Road,

Nottingham,

Nottinghamshire,

NG2 3GG

send it recorded delivery.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New User: Hub 3 Atrocious wifi range, and ethernet connection keeps on dropping out!

@samatki wrote:

I'm still within my 14 day sign up period, so I'm going to cancel, but what the hell virgin? First you send me a hub3 without a power cable, and then when you send a power cable after I complained, it turns out what you sent me is just terrible.

The hub 3 wifi is just awful, wifi speed drops from 100mbit/s to about 20mbit/s just from going up a single flight of stairs!

As an alternative I tried using an ethernet connection, but it keeps on dropping out every 5 minutes! I need the internet for work, and this is entirely unacceptable. I get a far more stable connection through my phone's tethering!

If you’re using it for work you’ll need a business account 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos