Menu
AshleyL1994
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Router

Recently I've had issues with my WiFi in that the speeds I am getting is, at best, half of what I'm paying for and the signal drops every few hours. Today I tried connecting a cable between my router and my laptop and when signal dropped on my phone it didn't drop on the laptop.

How do I go about requesting a new router? I have tried calling but the call drops before it even starts ringing.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Router

@AshleyL1994 wrote:

Recently I've had issues with my WiFi in that the speeds I am getting is, at best, half of what I'm paying for and the signal drops every few hours. Today I tried connecting a cable between my router and my laptop and when signal dropped on my phone it didn't drop on the laptop.

How do I go about requesting a new router? I have tried calling but the call drops before it even starts ringing.

you will need to call it in to the service desk - unfortunately I suspect that you'll get the run around for a while though - there are no guarantees on speed/quality of wifi.

it might be worth downloading something like inSSIDer (for windows) to scan the RF environment around you - see if there's a lot of interference from other, nearby, wifi networks - if there is, manually configure your hub to use a different, less congested, channel - ideally channel 1, 6 or 11.. 

You may have luck in reconfiguring it to be more stable/reliable, but a lot of people around here have accepted that the hub is poor and spent money on their own network equipment.. this, at least, is a solution that usually cures wifi issues once and for all... 🙂

0 Kudos
AshleyL1994
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your suggestions regarding changing the channel. Unfortunately I have already tried this and it hasn't made a difference. I think I am just going to have to keep trying to call them

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It’s doubtful they’ll send you another hub.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos