Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

New Router Required urgently - vulnerable pensioner

I just cannot get through to virgin media - I keep waiting and keep getting cut off. When I finally got through , the agent put me through to order a new router and he cut me off. I need a new router for my mother in law (I am power of attorney for her). We need the wifi so she is safe (falls watch, pacemaker monitor and seurveillance system). Can anyone help me on this forum - either by arranging a new router or providing a direct number to call VM. I have been on chat for 2 days also - no reply. Thanks to anyone able to help. Andrew

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Router Required urgently - vulnerable pensioner

You can either call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

You can contact VM to report your problem using ...

Text service on 07533051809 - about 24 hours for a reply.

150 from Virgin landline - as long as you can put up with the canned music.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone - as long as you can put up with the canned music.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK - so sent a text. I also got through on chat but the agent eventually said she could not help me and put me through to another chat queue at 16.05, its 19.05 and no answer. That's twice now that you wait ages to get through and the person you get cannot answer the simple enquiry and puts you through to some other queue. I asked her to take responsibility and she didn't. I mentioned the vulnerability of the customer and that did not wash either. Very disappointed in VM at the moment. My Gamer 250 broadband awful also - they state I should get 350 mbps but I rareley get to 50 mbps. No point in complaining they do nothing. They are so lucky there is no competition.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Is the issue with your broadband or your MIL’s?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@gary_dexter wrote:

your answer is in the 1st post Gary - why is it necessary to ask - just so you can see your name on the thread

to the OP how have you diagnosed your mil's hub is faulty - it may well be but then again it might not - so spending all this time to get a replacement may be time wasted

post some info - how is your mil using the router - wired or via wifi and whatis not working

for your problems if you want some help post the details in a new thread - always easier to keep 2 issues seperate 

Tony
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- wrote:

@gary_dexter wrote:

your answer is in the 1st post Gary - why is it necessary to ask - just so you can see your name on the thread

to the OP how have you diagnosed your mil's hub is faulty - it may well be but then again it might not - so spending all this time to get a replacement may be time wasted

post some info - how is your mil using the router - wired or via wifi and whatis not working

for your problems if you want some help post the details in a new thread - always easier to keep 2 issues seperate 

Calm down mate 🙄

It’s perfectly necessary to ask. If you don’t see why, then, well...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dan_M has escalated the original post for the forum team to attend to, so there's no need for @pend1711 to provide more info at this instant - the forum staff will respond as soon as they can, most probably tomorrow morning.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

you like that expression - the calm down one - what do you not understand - its clear - now you have 2 pointless posts in the thread

Tony
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Andruser wrote:

Dan_M has escalated the original post for the forum team to attend to, so there's no need for @pend1711 to provide more info at this instant - the forum staff will respond as soon as they can, most probably tomorrow morning.

with respect - tomorrow morning may come and go and so might a few more - hopefully not but posting some info will do no harm - that info may help to solve the problem before staff get here - that apart staff will in all likelihood ask for info re connection - devices etc

Tony
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- wrote:

you like that expression - the calm down one - what do you not understand - its clear - now you have 2 pointless posts in the thread

Pot kettle. Any I would suggest refraining from derailing the thread.

My DM’s are open should you wish to continue whatever this is..

0 Kudos