Menu
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Hub3 Nightmare!!

Phoned VM last week to get broadband issues sorted (patchy and 5G dropping out regularly) - about a 30 minute wait on phone, but given situation, that's fine. Told me to upgrade to Hub3 and that would sort out everything. It didn't. Speed just the same, but range way worse. Downloaded the app and did the optimising etc all over the house, useless. 

Phoned back yesterday evening, on hold for over an hour, but just doing something else at same time so no big deal. Absolutely no help on phone, actually sounded like guy was making up some "technical" stuff. When I challenged asked me to go on hold while spoke to second line manager....  on hold for over 10 mins then went dead!!  Called back today, on hold for over an hour again - and this time just went dead. Didn't even get through. So what else can i do - sign up for this forum and tell everyone!!

Can I just reconnect old Hub2??  It was way better - or should I look at signal boosters??

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Hub3 Nightmare!!

Dont get boosters they are £3/month and you can get better for the money.  There are some tweaks you can try on the Hub3 that might help.

Then you would have to call VM and get them to reactivate the SH2.  Or if wired connections are fine (are they?) just get your own better quality wireless equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Settling in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yep, wired fine. It just seems to be the range and as I can't manually switch between 5 and 2.4 anymore this really affects service in some parts of the house.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@ServieUser wrote:

Yep, wired fine. It just seems to be the range and as I can't manually switch between 5 and 2.4 anymore this really affects service in some parts of the house.

You can if you split the SSID into two:

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Do as Carl suggests and whilst in there "disable" the Smart Wifi Channel Optimisation" then wifi scan for the "best" channels to set yours too at your locations

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos