Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New Hub

My network has been dropping intermittently for a few weeks which was reported into the customer service team. No diagnostics were carried out, I was purely advised I need a replacement hub which arrived yesterday
My current set up is a hub in the front room, TiVo box in front room, WiFi extender in front room.my bedroom has another TiVo box upstairs with Wi Fi extender

When I am using WiFi I have a different SSID when upstairs.

I am not sure what will happen if I just swap out the router. I understand I will get a new SSID and password with this device but how does this impact the second SSID upstairs and I assume there may be some confit for the WiFi extenders?

Virgin carried out the initial install so need some help on what issues I may get before I start to swap the device out as I am currently working from home (upstairs) where I connect to the second SSID and I cannot afford to be without Wifi

many thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub

You’ll need to reconfigure the extender/booster again for the new hub. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I’ll see if I can find the instructions on line 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Once you set up the new hub you could always change the SSID and wifi password on the new hub to the same as the old one, however keep a note of the old details as if you reset the new hub in the future it will revert to the new hub SSID and password  and need changing again

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have swapped the router out today after a nightmare morning of the internet dropping. I have resynched the WiFi boxes to the new SSID but I am now having issues with my TiVo box upstairs.

I use my mobile phone to connect to it as the remote has not worked since Virgin swapped the box. However since I have put in the new hub when I try to use my mobile as a TV control and select remote control it says Home network required, the selected TV box was not found in the current network, I am using the SSID i have always used but have tried to use the one in the new router and that doesn’t work so at the moment I have A TIVo box that can only change channels manually 

Can anyone help or do I need to get an engineer in, thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try resetting the TiVo network settings

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No idea how I would do that as I don’t have any remote control

is that in the settings of the box?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ask for a new remote 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jostaffie and sorry to hear about the TV and internet issues. I've found your details using the information we have on here and have checked your broadband connection and everything looks fine and well within range. I've also checked your WiFi network and can confirm that it looks okay with very strong signals. Unfortunately I'm unable to check your TV Box as it's currently offline but I can see you've spoken to an agent since you last posted and hope your queries have been answered. Do pop back if you have anymore so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos