Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Hub and 2.4ghz wifi extenders

Hello.

I recently was upgraded to the new Virgin Hub.

The wifi extender we were using from Yezala only uses 2.4ghz. I can see the wifi extender on the network, but it will not accept the hub password. I expect it is to do with no hub differentiation from 2.4 to 5ghz

Options:

1. Get the Yezala extender to see the hub's 2.4 address. Would this mean creating separate 2.4 and 5ghz addesses? How do I do this?

2. Buy a VM wifi extender using the powerlines (or another brand). Is the VM one good> Or are there other, better brands?

3. Some other option. Mesh, a different extender - any recommendations?

Please could the answers be really simple and clear

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Hub and 2.4ghz wifi extenders

You would need to reset the network settings on the extender and re-join it to the hub.

But yes a mesh system will be 1000 times better

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks

Could you recommend a mesh system that works well with the new Virgin modem?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BT Whole Home, TP-Link Deco “M” series, Amazon Eero.. depends on your budget and requirements for coverage. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos