Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Hub. No internet

Had a new hub installed sunday. Some issues yesterday with getting access to internet. Spent hours on the phone/hold. Even had one woman hang up on me!
Today the WiFi signal is zero or flashing green. No WiFi. My internet access is zero and I'm using all my phone data. I'm disabled and need for emergencies. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Hub. No internet

Have you activated the hub you were sent?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub. No internet

Was this a Tech- or self-install? Did you or the Tech do anything to activate the Hub? If so what? And was it activated? What is the "internet light on the Hub doing?

Here is some advice on this from another member....
----------------------------------------------------------------------
From newapollo

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the equipment should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. "By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the equipment or put you in touch with the right team".

The old method was to reboot the equipment and if it failed then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500. You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4 if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos