Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Hub 4/Gig1 and existing Devolo Powerline network

Apologies if I’ve posted this in the wrong place.
I’m wondering if anyone has changed routers or upgraded from a Hub 3 to 4 with an existing Devolo Powerline network and can share any tips? 
I’m hoping it will be relatively straight forward to synch the 1200 adapter to the new router and then I can enter the new SSID/password for WiFi and clone it across the Powerline points in the network. I’m trying to avoid having to start from scratch with each add on adapter if possible. It’s not the end of the world if I need to but it would be a pain. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub 4/Gig1 and existing Devolo Powerline network

You should just have to reset and resync

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub 4/Gig1 and existing Devolo Powerline network

Meant to give an update on Saturday! I didn't even need to reset! Once I connected the ethernet cable to the new router, it synched with the Powerline adapter. I then just entered the wifi password into the Devolo Home Network app and everything synched across with the new SSID and password. I had previously set up the network to clone the wifi settings and set it as a mesh, so it seemed to have kept those settings and just synched the new ID and password... it was pretty seamless, actually! Quite impressed!

0 Kudos