Menu
Clare11
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Hub 3 Orange Light

Hi, wondering if anyone can help...

I recently installed a Hub 3 which was offered as an upgrade, however since installing our internet has been intermittent. The power light on the hub is a constant Orange. I have tried all the trouble shooting tips on Virgin's website, re-booting the hub, restoring factory settings, however the light still stays orange.

Any ideas?? With two adults working from home and two kids on Online lessons, we need reliable internet and am considering just putting my old hub back in, as we had no problems before upgrading.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
missjones1980
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub 3 Orange Light

your post is exactly the same as my issues, no one can help me 😞
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Similar to my response to @missjones1980; there's another thread here that describes the same issue here

well, the orange light if not the intermittent connection.

as for the connection problems - they could be related i suppose, but it's worth doing some additional troubleshooting before VM come along and pick the thread

can you set up a BQM - once set up, find the Live Graph and click "Create Sharing Link" - post that back here.

Next, browse to your hub on http://192.168.0.1 - don't log in, click Router Status - copy/paste the tables from the Upstream, Downstream and Network Log tabs back to this thread - you'll need multiple posts for this, the info wont all fit into a single one..

up.. 

0 Kudos
Danny08
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello, 

The Hub is on

It looks like the Hub is online and working. This means it’s probably your device which is struggling to connect to your WiFi. This when you get orange light.

If need anything else you can check this information yourselves.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-no-wifi-connection-hub3

0 Kudos
missjones1980
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No I think it’s your hub. We were ok until we upgraded. My devices are relatively new it’s not my devices. The kids new iPads cut out of team, my husband new dell laptop has dropped teams calls and I’m sitting next to the hub and my calls drop. 
don’t tell me it’s my devices 

0 Kudos