cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New HUB5 - Broadband Speed Plummets

Gordonwd
Joining in

My new HUB5 has been installed and my broadband speed is terrible. With my previous Hub3/5000M service I occasionally got 500M, but usually around 90M.

The new HUB5 (with a supposed 1G speed) has maxed at 90M with typical speeds of less than 20M.

What can I do?

4 REPLIES 4

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gordonwd, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

Just to confirm, are you testing your speed on a hard wired connection via speedtest.net? The minimum guaranteed download speed for the Gig1 package is 565 Mbps. 

Advice on how to fix slow internet speeds can be found here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Client62
Legend

Typically a speed limited to 85 to 90 Mb/s indicated a defective network cable that is causing the connection to de-rate from 1000 Mb/s to 100 Mb/s.

From the write up this speed fault has recurred with both the Hub 3 and the Hub 5 so the Hubs are exceedingly unlikely to be the source of this problem.

Fit a new CAT6a network cable and then check to see the connection remains at 1000Mb/s.

Yes, I used a hardwired connection with the hub on modem mode.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us Gordonwd, I have looked into your account and cannot see any issues that would be causing the problems that you're having. 

would you be able to try a new network cable as Client62 suggested and let us know, if that helps at all.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L