Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

New HUB - Internet access denied

Today I got a replacement hub as my internet stopped working 2 days ago, I literally spent the whole waiting for the router to arrive and when I changed it it doesn't work. I am working from home and can't really keep buying 4g top ups for my GSM. It makes it impossible. I tried calling but couldn't find anyone to talk to I was literally on a call for 1 hour 20 mins .. 

I start work again on Monday I hope to resolve it before that. I tried going on 192.168.0.1 and over there it said internet access denied and in network systems it's locked. I have no clue how to proceed or whom to call regarding this. 

They keep saying due to covid there are less people working, but the ones who are working from home for them internet is really important. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mohit

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: New HUB - Internet access denied

Hi Virgin closed early today so they did not even answer to me for some issues I have they just keep you on hold.

There were a large amount of issues today so they have left people on hold till tomorrow if you are still on call i would hang up and call at 8 AM.

Ryan

Ramenatte-IT

The IT GUY

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

What happens when you connect all the cables

Ryan

Ramenatte-IT

The IT GUY

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much, I called at 5:30 pm. I really hope someone takes the call tomorrow and help me with this issue or send someone over. 

Internet has become this really important part of our work life for remote working as well. I tried everything available online to troubleshoot my hub. Literally spent 4 hours but nothing.. 

I guess they are suppose to activate the hub for me. As it seems like the only rational answer at this time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

HI

Just out of interest which hub have they giving you as they are giving HUb 4s to some people

Ryan

The IT GUY

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Make sure when calling that this is done as early as possible and that you leave at least 20 Mins for them to answer as they usually take that amount of time the quickest way though to them is usually to use the app first and send a message tonight then tomorrow you can call and they will tell you that you have a higher priority place on the calling system as i do that.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Ryan,

I got a hub 3.0

Not the 4s

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi

OK Thanks for that

Ryan

RR The IT GUY

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Have you tried a pinhole reset and checked connections with the coax cable and if you have a signal booster that has been fitted is it switched on and fully connected correctly i would also suggest checking the cabinet that serves you as my cable was cut and left out which is how i found out about my issue.

Ryan

RR The IT GUY

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

did you call the activation like to activate the new hub?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos