cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer! intermittent speed and connection

Thedoctor22uk
Joining in

We had the virgin 100mb installed friday 8th April, after years with sky and huge praise for virgins speeds from friends.

So far we have had nothing but problems..... 

The hub 3.0 was installed to the far left of the house meaning there is little to no signal over the entire right side of the house. Virgin said we would have to buy wifi boosters at an additional £5.00 per month per booster-no thanks!

The main issue however is the intermittent connection and speeds we are getting, throughout the house. Which can be anything from 9-110mb or simply none at all. The connection randomly drops and the status says "connected no internet". It will normally come back on after a minute or two.

It's split into 2 bands the 2.4 and 5 although the range on the 5 seems to be much better and the 2.4 which sometimes doesn't even appear in the options. I've turned off the optimisation for now and manually selected the channel on 2.4 which for the past few hours has been ok.

My wife phoned virgin about it yesterday, whom spoke with broken english and wasn't very helpful.

Not a great start but any advice would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

Thedoctor22uk
Joining in
Just a quick addition to say i've both rebooted and reset the router to no avail.

Hi Thedoctor22uk

Welcome! Thank you for posting to the community 🙂

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with the service, this is not what we would want to happen. 

With the split connections, devices close to the Hub will need to be on the 5.4Ghz as this provides a shorter range. The 2.4Ghz would best for devices around the home. 

If you have the devices on the best connections and are still experiencing issues, we would recommend checking out some of our support pages below. 

Fixing Slow Speeds

Slow Speeds

WiFi Not Working 

Thank you 

Nat