Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

New Customer WiFi drops out/in every 5 minutes Hub 3.0

Hi all,

I have recently installed my Hub 3.0 which works perfectly wired and will work on wirelessly but for only 5 minutes at a time and will drop out for the same duration.

Weirdly it requires no password to access either, I have tried multiple times to reset and to change password via connecting to the router with IP (192.168.0.1) to no avail, it says I have changed the password but when connecting to the wifi through a device eg phone, it requires no password.

Many thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer WiFi drops out/in every 5 minutes Hub 3.0

Do a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The SettingsHub-3-Password password is different to the Wi-Fi password.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi gary I attempted this a few times, some longer than the 60 seconds mentioned, waited for it to go through the boot up stage and its still intermittent and changing the router password still doesn't seem to SET the router password
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike I appreciate that, the thing is I'm not after the password to access the router, I'm attempting to change or set a password for my router so people cannot access, in otherwords Encrypted and not Open.When I do change my password, the router is still open for anyone to connect to even after restarting it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@SeanD7 wrote:
Hi Mike I appreciate that, the thing is I'm not after the password to access the router, I'm attempting to change or set a password for my router so people cannot access, in otherwords Encrypted and not Open.When I do change my password, the router is still open for anyone to connect to even after restarting it.

You have mentioned Password several times, but, Which Password are you trying to change ?

The Settings Password allows access to the Hub Management functions.

The Wi-Fi Password[s] allow connection to the Wi-Fi Broadcast[s].

VM Hubs do not have access passwords for ethernet connections.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@SeanD7 wrote:

The hub will come with a default password for the SSID’s - they’re never blank or open 

What’s the name of the SSID you’re connecting to?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

SeanD7_0-1604516067276.png

As you said I mentioned it several times, let me highlight this for you just in case you don't understand.

"when connecting to the wifi" meaning the password for the actual hub to access the internet, not the setting password.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

To change the Wi-Fi password you need to Log In to the Hu...

To change the Wi-Fi password you need to Log In to the Hub Settings using the Settings Password, navigate to the Wireless page and change the Wi-Fi Password[s] on that page - remembering to Apply Changes before logging out of the Hub Settings.

The above is best done with an ethernet cable connected device.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

How is the Hub trying to access the internet - via wifi or on an ethernet cable connected device

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos