Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Build

I'm moving into a new build home on 30th July. We have had confirmation from the developer that it has been pre-wired for Virgin Media, however, the website is still saying 'services in your area unavailable' 

My husband is a software developer who works from home and therefor we require internet to be up and running asap. 

I really would like some info on how long its will be before services are available to us as if it's going to be some time yet we need to go elsewhere. 

Any information would be hugely appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Build

pre-wired simply means the developer has installed the wiring to the houses, it does not mean that the estate has been connected to the virgin network.

also, as it's a new build the developer is the one who liaises with virgin to get everything connected up. has you spoken to them to ask why the property is showing as not serviced?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, we have been contacted by our developers who are saying everything has been done their side and they are waiting to hear from Virgin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

in which case it could be weeks, months, years.
if you need internet straight away then you should be looking into alternatives on the chance that nothing happens in the next 10 days.

i assume the property has BT lines too.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos