cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 1gig fibre Hub 4 - Blue light no Internet

cnote12
Joining in

I just got my new hub today after getting the 1 gig package. Plugged in and it flashes green for a bit which is apparently updating. Then it flashes blue indefinitely. I connect to the router but it says no Internet connection and when I try the app after the initial "sit back and we'll sort it" it says it can't be found or when I connect to the box it says it needs a Internet connection.

Not a great start, thank you in advance 😄

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

It may be the provisioning has not been setup properly?  Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello cnote12

We're sorry to hear of the issues since updating your Hub, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community. 

It's been a few days since your post, has this improved during this time? Please let us know.

Rob