Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Networking with Virgin Media [UK]

Hi all,

I'm looking to kit the house out with some Ubiquiti gear for a project and the general experience of it all. Our broadband provider is Virgin Media, line coming in is Coax. My question is what would be the best method overall to work with the Coax in?

I've gave it a good amount of search but have a feeling I'm just searching the wrong thing to get the answer I need!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Networking with Virgin Media [UK]

As a minimum you have to use the hub in modem mode. with your own router or mesh wifi attached by ethernet cable

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The coax needs to go into the Virgin Hub.
You need to ethernet your other equipment to the hub.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ubiquiti/Unifi have lots of new lines in beta (they call it Early Access) including routers and WiFi 6 Access Points. Their community web pages are very useful. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos