cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network issues

philcarty01
Joining in

Hello, 

we have just joined virgin thinking that the network would be better than Vodafone, however it seems that it is exactly the same. 

I am either getting one bar or nothing at all. Any ideas on how I can resolve this please as it is getting rather frustrating. 

Many Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Philcarty01, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Going off what Japitts has said, can you confirm if this is in regards to your Mobile coverage or with your WIFI please?

If it is in regards to your mobile service, I do apologise for the poor connection in your area.

I understand you've said you've moved from Vodafone to us, we are currently using Vodafone's network for our mobile coverage, which would explain why you have not had any improvement. 

How long ago did you join us? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this Virgin Mobile (which is a "virtual provider" now using VF for their radio coverage) or Virgin broadband?

If Virgin broadband - you've mentioned "one bar" which makes me suspect you're talking about wireless connections. Are you having problems using wired connections, wireless, or both?

If you're not sure, please check. No provider guarantees WiFi speeds, there's just too many variables.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Philcarty01, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Going off what Japitts has said, can you confirm if this is in regards to your Mobile coverage or with your WIFI please?

If it is in regards to your mobile service, I do apologise for the poor connection in your area.

I understand you've said you've moved from Vodafone to us, we are currently using Vodafone's network for our mobile coverage, which would explain why you have not had any improvement. 

How long ago did you join us? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan,

My WIFI signal is strong is actually the mobile signal that I am only getting one bar or even nothing at all at times. 

It would make sense that if you are using Vodafone’s network why it hasn’t improved. 

I moved over to Virgin on the 27th July, do you know how I can improve this at all? 

Phil

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @philcarty01.

Thank you for the update.

Do you only get this low signal in your home? Or is it where ever you go?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

It is only in my home and I get perfect signal everywhere else. 
Phil

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming this @philcarty01.

My phone sometimes looses signal in my place, it all depends on the location of the home and the build.

This is not something we are able to change, I know it is frustrating but it can happen depending on where you are located. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you Hayley,

Do virgin not offer any boosters for signals at all? 
Phil

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Not for mobile phones no @philcarty01.

I would try rebooting your Phone while in the home to see if this helps 🙂

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team