Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Network issue C130 N27 issue

Hi folks, hope you are all well. I have an ongoing issue with a Virgin V6 box initially displaying the C130 error. Due to a lack of Virgin tech support over the phone, (they’re closed) I’ve decided to seek some guidance via the forum. My daughter’s box is displaying this issue (2 others are fine) and despite following the guidance on line, it is still showing a fault. Reset the router, unplugged the Virgin box and rebooted it several times and it’s still showing the error. I’ve gone into the virgin box settings and it’s showing “network cable unplugged” When I then go into network settings and try to reconnect it then states “no connection” then “network cable unplugged”.It then presents the error code N27. Obviously I’ve checked all the cables and they are intact and connected. For clarity, box is connected via Ethernet and the cable is fine. She can watch channels but “on demand” is not available. Any suggestions ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Network issue C130 N27 issue

As the V6 is connected by ethernet the first thing I would do is change the cable for a new Cat6 one. Even if they look "fine" one of the internal wires may have snapped or is shorting out somewhere.

Then.... switch off the Hub and V6 and unplug both for 5 minutes. Then, restart the Hub. Wait 5 minutes untill its up & stable - and other devices are connecting to it ok - and then start up the V6 with the new cable already attached.

See if that helps sort it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John, appreciated. I’ll try that and see how it goes. Hopefully get through to Virgin tomorrow, if required.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The issue still exists if Virgin can pick this up for me. Please note that after further examination of the V6 hub in her room, the box is connected via coaxial run from about 50 feet away. The short Ethernet cable is plugged into a power line adaptor, which has worked well over the past couple of years. Hope this clarifies the situation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would reset or swap the powerline adapters - that may be where the issue lays. Could test it by getting a 10-50m run of Cat5e cable for less than a tenner and see if it works with that - just temporarily - trail it over carpet upstairs etc - cosmetics don't matter for a few hours while you run the test. You will then know for sure where the issue is.

Or just wait for a VM person to pick this up.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’m having exactly the same issue. I’ve just ordered some Ethernet cable and will try it, but this issue goes back years (see forums), so surely Virgin must know that it is more often than not a network issue, and nothing to do with any cabling inside the house. I don’t mind spending a tenner to see if it does sort the problem, but I do have my doubts. And if it doesn’t.......??.

Anyway, fingers crossed. I have checked all my connections and everything was working fine until a couple of days ago, and nothing has been moved/changed...

0 Kudos