Menu
lotti97
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Network drops same time every hour

Hi all,

We've been having an ongoing issue with our wifi for a few weeks and I can't get through to someone to help us fix it. Our internet drops at the same time every hour (31 minutes past) which is very frustrating with three of us working from home! We've tried countless resets and everything on the app/website, does anyone has any suggestions?

0 Kudos
glenngfto
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network drops same time every hour

Having same issues for months. All my friends on virgin in the area having same issues. Connection drops out for anything between 5 seconds and 30 seconds randomly throughout the day. Causing real problems with the kids home schooling and work. Virgin say we should improve our WiFi but we have done everything suggested on their help videos. My speed is 200Mbps but drops to 3-5Mbps during peak times. Dread to think what we would get if we were on the 50Mbps package.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network drops same time every hour

The first thing to establish is whether it's a fault with the incoming broadband, or with the WiFi from the Hub.

Check with a device connected to the Hub with an ethernet cable.  If that drops out too you need to call Virgin and report a fault. If the broadband signal is stable then you need to improve the WiFi.   The Hub - all models - has weak WiFi and will not give solid coverage of a whole house.

0 Kudos