cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Down

Spacehopper07
Tuning in

Good afternoon,

Don’t know if anyone can give me an update, but no internet for the past 28 hours.  Received a text yesterday saying there was an issue, an engineer was on site and was estimated to be fixed at 21:55.  At 21:16 received another text saying that repair should be completed by 12:00 today and at 11:47 today another text saying it would be completed by 16:00.  Well it has gone past 16:00 and no further update.  My question is:  Are there actual engineers on site or is this a fob off by Virgin and it will be fixed when they get round to it?  Virgin Reference ID:  F011042319.  Working from home and having to use my data allowance on my phone!

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

Its the most detail you can get

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John,

Only seems to tell me that they are working hard to fix the problem.  Just checked my service status on my Virgin media app and now saying that estimated fix is 4:00pm tomorrow!!!!!  Obviously not working too hard to get it fixed.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Spacehopper07 wrote:

Obviously not working too hard to get it fixed.

Depends ... if its similar to this one...4pm tomorrow may be optimistic...😂

VM Cable being repaired.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

Give a thought for the folks working outside to the fix the service during storm Ciarán.

Got a mobile, enable a Wi-Fi Hot spot ?  

Spacehopper07
Tuning in

Surprise, surprise didn’t fix the issue by 4:00pm today, but received update to say should be completed by 8:00pm which it wasn’t.  Now giving me 1:00pm tomorrow.  I can understand it may take time to fix issues, but it would be really helpful if Virgin were totally honest with people and explain what the issue is.  Please don’t build up people’s hopes by saying someone is on site on numerous occasions and give an estimated completion time which cannot be met.

Hi @Spacehopper07, thanks for reaching out to us on the VM forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the network. 😞
I've had a look and I can't see that the network outage is still on-going on our end.

May I ask how the connection is on your end? Has the issue been resolved or is it still on-going?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs