cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Diagnostics Question

TJP2
Joining in

I have the SuperHub 3. Checked into the Hub Settings today, and ran the diagnostics test a couple of times. I got the message: "Your home network has a few problems". 

What problems? I've had a few unexplained disconnections to my devices over the last couple of days, but the diagnostics tool gives you no clue what the problems are in my home network, and there's no advice on how to solve them. Can anyone suggest what's causing the message, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Hub 3 Network Diagnostics tool is good for reporting the Hub's Temperature but I use it for little else.

It will tend to report as an issue a 10/100 network connection, but that may be all the device does to it is a false warning.   On WI-Fi any less than max strength connection can be reported a kit too far from the Hub again the Hub can not be moved and in many cases we do not with to move the TV or CCTV, more useless warning.

Random Wi-Fi dropouts on Hub 3 are often caused by having Smart Wi-Fi / Channel Optimization Enabled and by having the 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands set to Auto channels. A drop occurs at random when the Hub decides to shuffle Wi-Fi channel.

Try with Smart Wi-Fi / Channel Optimization Disabled

Try with the 2.4GHz band set to Channel 1 or 6 or 11.

Try with the 5GHz band set to Channel 36 or 44.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

Hub 3 Network Diagnostics tool is good for reporting the Hub's Temperature but I use it for little else.

It will tend to report as an issue a 10/100 network connection, but that may be all the device does to it is a false warning.   On WI-Fi any less than max strength connection can be reported a kit too far from the Hub again the Hub can not be moved and in many cases we do not with to move the TV or CCTV, more useless warning.

Random Wi-Fi dropouts on Hub 3 are often caused by having Smart Wi-Fi / Channel Optimization Enabled and by having the 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands set to Auto channels. A drop occurs at random when the Hub decides to shuffle Wi-Fi channel.

Try with Smart Wi-Fi / Channel Optimization Disabled

Try with the 2.4GHz band set to Channel 1 or 6 or 11.

Try with the 5GHz band set to Channel 36 or 44.

Thanks for your advice - which I'm going to put into effect in a minute. I haven't altered any of the Hub settings before in case I make a problem that I don't understand more complicated. I'll leave another message tomorrow when I see how things have turned out.

Client62
Legend

Below are the setting we are using on our Hub 3 >

There are a few more adjustment than mentioned above, to turn off support for Wi-Fi (a/b/g) which served kit made from about 1997 to 2005, also to set channel width  to suit the current 2.4GHz standards and to match our kit on 5GHz.

Client62_0-1678622112364.png

Following your advice, I altered the Superhub settings by disabling Smart Channel Optimization     

On 2.4Ghz disabled Auto and set to Manual on Channel 11

On  5.0Ghz disabled Auto and set to Manual on Channel 44

Rebooted Router and checked new settings have been applied. I did not alter Channel Width settings or the Wireless Mode because I don't really understand what I'm doing.

I've had to reverse this procedure because it made my internet connection very unstable.

Further to my reply below: Here are the Wireless Signal settings I have not altered:

On 2.4Ghz Wireless Mode is 802.11b/g/n mixed : Channel Width is 20MHz

On 5Ghz Wireless Mode is 802.11a/ac mixed  : Channel Width is 20/40MHz