Menu
adamparker
Tuning in
Message 21 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network | Constant Disconnects.

Hi Katie,

It was an insane hassle getting the Hub to function in modem mode in liason with the router we have, are there simple diagnostics I can perform for you? We have less than 40-50 devices concurrently on the network.

Kind regards,
Adam. 

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi @adamparker

Having 40-50 connected devices on the network will certainly cause significant issues with the connection, especially with only being on 200mbps. 

Do you have those 40-50 devices connected?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 23 of 33
Flag for a moderator

@Travis_M wrote:

Having 40-50 connected devices on the network will certainly cause significant issues with the connection, especially with only being on 200mbps. 

You can be on 100Mb with 40-50 connected devices and be fine its the hub in router mode thats the problem or a bad line or no QoS on the router and a device hogging the bandwidth.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
adamparker
Tuning in
Message 24 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi Travis,

At concurrent usage, I believe 3 desktop machines, a single smart-tv and obviously anything running background services (the theoretical MAXIMUM as if ALL devices were running would be 40-50). I believe there are only 22 devices acknowledged; after checking the ASUS Router app as of 15/06/2021 18:36, it states "26" devices. 

Kind regards,
Adam. 

0 Kudos
adamparker
Tuning in
Message 25 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

With that being said, the bandwidth is probably soaked by me as I'm more routinely watching streamed content or playing videogames, the most either of my parents will be doing is light usage.

Kind regards,

Adam. 

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I see, the hub diagnostics, power levels etc look absolutely fine on our end as i've just double checked to look for any stand out issues.

Are you connection dropouts strictly via wireless or via wired connection also?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 27 of 33
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
adamparker
Tuning in
Message 28 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It's not a wifi problem. It's wifi and ethernet. It is varied forms of connectivity, as well as different network interface cards tested and tried, cables, tested and tried. 

Kind regards,
Adam. 

I've already shovelled £200.00 on a router (albeit I went overboard) onto this problem and shouldn't have to shell out more for a non-environmental issue. 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 29 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Well you BQM shows fine to your router...maybe ping some other places like bbc.co.uk to see if it shows packet loss or maybe it DNS? try a PC with another DNS like 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9 and you could also ping 194.168.4.100

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
adamparker
Tuning in
Message 30 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've also ran constant ping tests on multiple machines (ping -t switch) on 8.8.8.8, to monitor for any excessive packet round trip times. As well as to monitor for packet loss which is non-discovered with investigation.

Kind regards,
Adam. 

0 Kudos