Menu
Mervynhancock
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Netgear

Keep contacting Virgin to supply Netgear Powerline booster kit and keep getting promises that one is on the way. Trouble is they never materialise and I get a different customer services adviser, after a long wait, each time. Trying to use my second box in a room with poor wifi signal. Virgin won't send an engineer to move my input point so powerline is the only option. Understood that these were provided free of charge. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netgear

They don't provide Netgear branded ones anymore and haven't for a long time.

Boosters have been replaced with Mesh "Pods" that cost £5 per month unless you're on a bundle the qualifies you to have them for free.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Mervynhancock
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that I will now ask them for the mesh system! It was the CS operator who said she had ordered Netgear. Takes hours to get through.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If they are free to you (unlikely) then they are worth trying. Its not good economics to pay £5/month to rent them though. Those monies would be better used getting you own better equipment to own and use forever.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Mervynhancock,

Many thanks for your recent post and sorry to hear of the mixed messages you've received from our customer service team regarding equipment to improve your WiFi.

I've just taken a quick look at the account using the details you've used to register for forums and can see that a replacement hub has been sent out to you. I'm glad this has been arranged and hopefully you'll see an improvement with the new equipment.

Please keep us posted and drop back if you require any further assistance,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mervynhancock
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI molly

Just received a replacement hub - identical to the one I already had! Set it up and the WiFi signal is exactly the same as it was before. Contacted VM and they are sending me a wired booster kit (whatever that is) with a promise of no extra charge. In the meantime I have had to move the telly, second V6 box, stand etc back to the original room and reconnect it to the hub with ethernet cable.

It really is frustrating that electricians, plumbers, carpenters etc can visit homes but VM engineers can't. Five calls, five different operators, and over three hours on the telephone so far - only hope this equipment is the right stuff and works.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hope it works. If it doesn't sort you out, post back here for advice on what to buy to make it work perfectly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Mervynhancock wrote:

HI molly

Just received a replacement hub - identical to the one I already had! Set it up and the WiFi signal is exactly the same as it was before. Contacted VM and they are sending me a wired booster kit (whatever that is) with a promise of no extra charge. In the meantime I have had to move the telly, second V6 box, stand etc back to the original room and reconnect it to the hub with ethernet cable.

It really is frustrating that electricians, plumbers, carpenters etc can visit homes but VM engineers can't. Five calls, five different operators, and over three hours on the telephone so far - only hope this equipment is the right stuff and works.

Virgin won’t come out for Wifi issues as it’s not a contractual requirement. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos