Menu
McKennedy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Netflix on Samsung TV

Hi, 

Netflix has stopped working on my Samsung TV. After calling Samsung, they have said that it is an issue with the connectivity. Netflix works fine on all other devices connected to the same Wifi but for some reason it's not working on the TV anymore (although initially it did work fine). 

I can't find a number that will let me talk to a human being about the issue so trying here as a last resort! 

Any help would be much appreciated! 

0 Kudos
McKennedy
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix on Samsung TV

Netflix error code is NW-2-4
0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Split 2.4 and 5G
You can split the WiFi bands by accessing your hub settings - to do this, you'll need to be connected to your hub and type in 192.168.0.1 into your web browser. You;ll then need to enter your hub's setting password (this can be found on the bottom of the hub).

Once you've access the dashboard, you'll need to go to advanced settings and then wireless - security. From there, you just need to change the SSIDs of both the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz signal to different names, you can just add on 2G and 5G to the end of the current network name.

Also - disable intelligent WiFi while you are there!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Or... If the TV is close to the hub - connect it with an ethernet cable! - They're the way forward! 😉

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
McKennedy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick response. We've already got 2.5ghz and 5ghz split out. Should the TV be connected to the 2.5 or the 5? 

Will also try disabling the intelligent WiFi! 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
McKennedy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've disabled Smart Wifi and also connected to the 5ghz but it's still not working 😞
0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Try resetting the TVs Netflix app or whole TV

There are various threads online taking you through it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos