Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Netflix not working

Hi,

So I have recently been having a problem with Netflix working when using it through my Virgin media box. I’ll be watching something and then the programme will freeze, one of the two green lights will continue to flash on the box and it won’t play again until that green light has stopped flashing. I’m assuming it’s something to do with the network connection. I don’t know if it’s because my virgin media box is upstairs ?? But I’ve always had it working in my room it’s only recently it’s decided to freeze, I’ve tried turning it off, restarting it, I’ve even had a look at the network section on settings but it still continues to do it. 
Hope someone can help 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix not working

Can you say exactly what the set up is you are using.
Is the VM media box a Tivo or V6 ?
If a V6, how is it connected to the Hub - wifi, ethernet cables or through powerlines?
Are you watching through the App?
What device(s) are you watching on - phone/laptop etc or a TV ? If TV how is that connected to the V6 and/or Hub ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The box I have is a TIVO box, I believe a white cable that’s screwed into the back of the box that comes from inside the wall, and I’m watching it through the app that’s on the search and discover section on the box. I’m watching it on a TV, it’s connected with three different cables, a pink one that says sky on it, that white one that comes through the wall and a black one that is connected to the tv.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Didn’t mean to put that random number at the top of that message that

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Try changing the black TV cable which is an HDMI cable, for a new good quality one.
Also check that the white cables connecting the Tivo & Hub to the wall sockets are all in nice and tight and the cables have no damage.
If that doesnt sort it - call it in as a fault.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Honestly I am sick to death of Netflix and On Demand services not working on the Tivo Box.  We have had engineers visit, replace the wifi router, replace the Tivo box, which is connected directly with a cable to the connection that comes into the house.  Ive complained so many times Ive lost count.  I just want a reliable service that works and doesnt require me phoning each time waiting to speak to somebody for 20 minutes, resetting the box.  The problem has been going on now since March.

When I check the Netflix 'Get Help' sometimes the app suggests there is no internet connection then the next day it connects fine.  I see lots of complaints, customers with the same issue, so what are Virgin doing to resolve the issues.  This has go to be an app problem to explain why sometimes it works.  But 80% of the time it doesnt.

I need a resolution to the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried connecting the V6 to the VM Hub with a Cat 5E/6 cable.

The V6 needs an internet connection for many of its functions and can only get that connection from the VM Hub.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@MikeRobbo wrote:

Have you tried connecting the V6 to the VM Hub with a Cat 5E/6 cable.

Mike - OP says its a Tivo not a V6 👍

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The vast majority of Tivo users have no problems connecting to the on demand services via its inbuilt modem. As yours has been swapped the fault must be on the Coax cable & network connection somewhere. Did they check/swap the white coax cable and/or any of the external cables?

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My mistake.

I am still struggling after a couple of weeks of troubleshooting a Tivo that was definitely a Tivo picking up a stray Wi-Fi signal and that Tivo turned out to be a V6 powered by Tivo.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos