Menu
Philipjump
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Netflix not working on my apple TV after new Hitron router installed

just had my Virgin router installed and speed increased (to 350mbps) and everything works fine except Netflix, which is a real bummer.

so all the other TV apps on my apple TV box work fine (BBCI, Prime etc) but if i try and watch netflix i just get a spinning red circle. I've tried all the obvious stuff reinstalled rebooted everything but still the problem persists. Netflix also wont work on my iphone now either if im logged on to wifi but as soon as i urn of wifi and use it on 4g it's fine.

Anyone with similar problems and did you manage to resolve them ?

Virgin support just told me netflix is an app so it's their problem to deal with it! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
sophist
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix not working on my apple TV after new Hitron router installed

probably unable to talk to the VM hosted netflix CDN servers.. same problem here

there is a fix for it, but  it involves getting a new ip address - your ability to do this depends on your setup - the fact that you have a hitron router suggests that you’re on a business package.. do you have a static ip address from VM? 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix not working on my apple TV after new Hitron router installed

Hi @Philipjump

I'm so sorry to see you are facing this issue and thank you very much for taking the time to post in our forums. 

Can I ask if you are still facing this issue? Also have you tried the suggested above fix from @sophist

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos