Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 71 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Issue

Does not work here either. For a couple of days now. All apple devices. Works on data, not on VM WiFi 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hanging out
Message 72 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Netflix has been crashing on my AppleTV for 3 days. Last night it crashed and now it won't load at all.

Where do we go to get updates regarding this? It's buried in the "Tweets & replies" on the @VirginMedia Twitter account and there isn't a clearly labeled announcement on the Virgin site (that I've seen?) Other than coming to this thread, how is the best way to know what is going on with our service?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 73 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix

The only workaround I've seen that works is to tether your connection, log in your netflix account and then you swap to your wifi. It still results in some glitches (namely missing pictures) but you might be able to stream series and movies nonetheless. Otherwise wait until the blaming game stops and the issue is fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 74 of 105
Flag for a moderator

It's on my smart TVs and over virgin wireless.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 75 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Netflix

Since Friday Netflix is being blocked from streaming! from any apple App.

can navigate fine but when going to view a show, just stays on spinning wheel.

works fine when tether to mobile so I know it is something that VM is blocking.

spoke to support yesterday and they confirmed issue with Netflix but other than that were completely useless.

have tried restarting router and resetting to default(soft and Hard) 

all other apps work fine, Disney, NowTV, BBC etc etc.

has anyone else experienced this and resolved?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 76 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Netflix not streaming

Just had my Virgin Media M350 broadband installed and discovered that Netflix does not stream. I am able to get to the menu page but once I select something to watch, I get the Wheel of Death but no streaming media.  I called Virgin technical support and they initially said that everything is working fine.  When challenged on this and pointing out that there are a number of customers on this page that have stated the same issue, the person put me on hold then returned to say that actually YES THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH NETFLIX!!

What poor customer service and more importantly how can you be an internet provider in this day and age and not support Netflix??  Every other streaming service works just fine, iplayer, ITV Hub, Prime Video but not Netflix??  I am considering canceling this contract and live with a slower service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 77 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Issue seems to have been resolved this morning. Can now access Netflix via WIFI and Ethernet on my smart TVs, Tivo box and Ipad . Found it necessary to power down my network and  equipment beforehand

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 78 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix problems

Thank you for your posts.

We are aware that some broadband customers are experiencing intermittent issues with Netflix. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you, Emily.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 79 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Don’t get over confident 😀

I thought it was fixed yesterday evening and started watching The Irishman. 

A couple of hours later and Virgin broke Netflix again so I couldn’t finish the movie. 

Why cant Virgin provide an update? Even if it’s just “we’re still investigating, it’s expected to take >24 hrs, we’ll post an update on Monday at 12:00” at least we know something is happening

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 80 of 105
Flag for a moderator

It is NOT working for me.

4 days now without Netflix !

I am in Area 21 - London SW18

Virgin ? Netflix ? What is happening ? Could you please give us an update ?

0 Kudos