Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 21 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix not loading on Tivo

Hello Sharronf

Thanks for making us aware of the Netflix issue and apologies for the experience and any inconvenience caused.

We are aware that some broadband customers are experiencing intermittent issues with Netflix. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Are you able to try and access Netflix over a device not using Virgin Media wired or wireless connections? Just to see if this works for you and we can take it from there.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Issue

Hello chipsterd

Thanks for making us aware of the Netflix issue and apologies for the experience and any inconvenience caused.

We are aware that some broadband customers are experiencing intermittent issues with Netflix. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some details to help with the investigation.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 23 of 105
Flag for a moderator

I'm also having issues with Netflix not loading correctly.

It doesn't appear to be an issue with WiFi as I have a wired Apple TV and a wired desktop Windows 10 PC experiencing the same issues.

On the Windows 10 PC, I can stream videos but the interface isn't loading correctly, there are no thumbnails.

On my Apple TV, nothing appears to be loading.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Hello ElectrGloop

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some details to help with the investigation.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 105
Flag for a moderator

@Robert_P I am also having this issue since Thursday evening. I reported it via another forum thread - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Re-Netflix-problems/td-p/4115632

My impacted devices:

iPhone iOS 13.2.3 (WiFi)

iPad iPadOS 13.2.3 (WiFi)

Apple TV 4K tvOS 13.2 (Ethernet)

Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Safari browser (Ethernet) - can login to Netflix website but it takes ages. Shows eventually do start streaming but images are missing from the homepage/my list

The VM SuperHub is in modem only mode and connected to Orbi router. Orbi router is configured to use CloudFlare DNS servers. I tried changing DNS servers to Google, OpenDNS, but the issues persists.

Please let me know if you need additional details.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Hello stukey

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 27 of 105
Flag for a moderator

No access to Netflix

Just came off the phone with Neflix after loosing access from 3 smart TVs and Sky Boxes for over a week. Netflix tell me there is a known issue with Virgin media customers , though their 1st line engineer was somewhat unable to give me any more info or answer any of my questions, like what the issue is or who is owning the fix?

From my home broadband i can;
Resolve www.netflix.com. i can access and stream from my laptop and mobile phone browsers and mobile app, though somewhat slowly. 

I cannot access from any smart TV or any of my sky boxes.

Anyone else having this problem? 

tracertoute as below 

>tracert netflix.com

Tracing route to netflix.com [52.209.79.186]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.254
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 10 ms 9 ms 9 ms glfd-core-2a-xe-821-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.252.128.121]
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 11 ms 19 ms 12 ms telw-ic-3-ae4-0.network.virginmedia.net [212.250.14.110]
6 12 ms 14 ms 12 ms 52.95.218.120
7 18 ms 20 ms 17 ms 54.239.101.150
8 16 ms 17 ms 17 ms 150.222.65.31
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 30 ms 34 ms 22 ms 52.93.128.218
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 27 ms 44 ms 32 ms 52.93.6.228
13 22 ms 31 ms 23 ms 52.93.101.19
14 33 ms 34 ms 24 ms 52.93.101.34
15 26 ms 23 ms 23 ms 52.93.7.57
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 28 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

Any idea as the cause of this Netflix streaming Outage on the VirginMedia Network, this has been going on since Thursday night and considering the premium, we are paying for the Broadband service from Virgin, it would be nice to have some information as:

1) cause of the outage

2) how long before the service is resume

3) why when we call CS we are just told rubbish and get no help at all

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 29 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Good point well made. 

Rob - instead of clogging up the thread with cut and paste replies how about an update?

even if you just say that the matter has been escalated and we can expect further information in xx hours?

also, please inform the team in India as your customers are wasting hours on the phone with them being told that we’re wrong and stupid. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 105
Flag for a moderator

At the moment Hera_314 we're currently compiling as much information from customers effected as possible to pass on to the team leading the investigation. 

If you could respond to my Private Message with the requested information, this will help progress the investigation and resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos