Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Issue

Morning all. Bit of a strange one. I have Virgin Broadband. My TV is with Sky. Yesterday morning Netflix would not load via Sky Go or as standalone app on my tablet and phone all via Wi-Fi with Virgin. Had long conversations with Sky and Netflix but couldn't resolve. After a while Netflix suggested the issue was with Virgin Broadband. They came to this conclusion because once I turned WiFi off on my phone and switched to EE then Netflix loaded. Spoken to Virgin twice now but its still not working. I've searched the forum but can't see a resolution. Thanks in advance 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Netflix problems

Have just tried Netflix for first time in a week or so and it wont load. It says there is a networking issue but I've tried all recommended steps, rebooting etc. It works on other devices so it's not an account problem 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Netflix not loading on Tivo

All of a sudden Netflix has stopped loading on Tivo. Still working on my app and Firestick so its not the platform. And Tivo is still loading BBC app and Prime app, so it appears to be just Netflix. Have rebooted the box, and nothing. Any ideas good people of Virgin? Or any other good people?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Netflix App not working on Virgin wifi

Since the 5th of December when attempting to stream Netflix app content on any device while connected via Virgin media WiFi app launches but content won’t load. However all other streaming apps work without issue. When disconnecting from WiFi Netflix streams without issue. We have reset the WiFi, reinstalled the app, updated software with no success. Appears to be a compatibility issue on the Virgin Media side, please advise how to resolve. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix App not working on Virgin wifi

Hello! This has been a known issue since yesterday (or well, since 2 days ago at this very moment). If you have a computer, can you try accessing Netflix from different browsers (Edge, chrome, firefox and/or opera) and see if any can connect? Alternatively, if you have a computer on windows 10, you can try downloading the app from Microsoft's app store and see if it works.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Netfix not streaming

Netflix streaming not working when connected to VirginMedia network for the past 2 days, regardless of which devices are used (Tivo, PS4, Ipad, Macbook pro, Window laptop, Linux laptop). Poor customer service not impressed! #TimeToSwitch

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netfix not streaming

I’m logged in, but it’s slow and the streaming is very pixelated. Only having this issue when connected to WIFI. Does anyone know if Virgin are looking into this? It’s been raised in a number of websites as an ongoing issue for two days. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Issue

Hi

Is there any update for this issue.

I have the same issue that Netflix is not working on an Apple TV connected via Ethernet cable and two different iPads connected on wi-fi. All other apps are working on these devices including streaming from Amazon. Speed test is good and rebooted router several times.

When devices are disconnected from virgin media wi-fi and connected to Vodafone 4g via iPad Netflix works. This was working on all devices last month without any problems.

The error code reported by Netflix is 30104 (network connectivity issue)

Thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 106
Flag for a moderator

I had the same issue accessing Netflix yesterday evening across all my devices connected via Virgin Media.  I reset everything and still had problems. BBC IPlayer and other streaming apps all worked fine. I spoke to Netflix who said they were receiving multiple calls from Virgin customers with the same issue. It would be good to have an explanation from Virgin as to what happened and how they intend to prevent it recurring. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Definitely an issue with virgin media, haven't been able to stream on Netflix since Thursday night regardless on whichever devices are connected to Virgin Media Wi-Fi (Tivo, PS4, iPad Pro, Macbook Pro, Windows laptop, Linux desktop and android phone). I have tried all the obvious quick fix that their useless CS in India will suggest, reboot router, rebook Tivo Box, reinstalled Netflix app, log out all devices, clear cookie, not of this have worked. Only managed to stream Netflix if I switch to a different network provider and worked fine on all my device on the 3 mobile networks. I have contacted Netflix and they have several reports on this issue from VirginMedia customers. Last night spent 45 mins on hold before I could speak to a human being and they were absolutely useless telling me that they had no report of issues with Netflix streaming. This morning, I call again and Virgin media is finally acknowledging that there is an issue but were not able to provide any further information.

Virgin Media Team if you are reading this can you please provide us with an update on the issue, this is very frustrating.