Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Net cutting off at 2am every night

Cheers for letting us know Nakchee - please pop back and keep us posted on the technician visit. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

hi there, the engineer arrived today bright and early and after having a good look outside as well as in, he said one of my readings was too high.

I dont have a clue which reading it was, but it was at 51, and when he finished it was around 47.

Hopefully this sorts the problem.

Thanks again for the advice and help 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

HI

I am having 2am disconnects every day since May 1 2019 exactly (they get logged by my router). in North London. I started a new thread as I did not see this one.  I posted TBB ping graphs but I dont think they appear (my image uploads get blocked).  Is yours actually fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi vmtom, 

I have replied to your other thread and sent you a PM. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Mine is doing this too every night at 2am mine lasts about 4-5 hours 

anyone know what causes it

thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hello Doucheface1,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to see that you've been having intermittent problems with your broadband services.

Lets see if we can take a closer look at this together, I'll drop you a PM so we can go through data protection together today.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of your screen for my PM

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I had an engineer visit that fonud a splitter was faulty, this fixed the other problems on my ping graph  but did not fix the 2am reboots.

I was then told that a fault had been identified locally and some work happened very recently, but I still get reboots.  Mine is only a 5minute shutdown.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Mine is doing this too every night from about 1.00-1.30am till 6.00-6.30am. I did restart the router and rebooted but no luck. Anyone can help? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

check the upstream levels, in upsteam bonded channels, a value of 5.1 in the power column may be what causes a nightly reboot as that value is on the high side.  I still have the reboot problem and I have this value.  For me the solution may be to have an engineer visit to add a mains powered splitter/booster but I have been too busy to book an engineer visit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I have been told my support that end users should by purchasing the mains powered splitter - and I do NOT mean a WIFI booster, which they sent me for free as I am on a full package. The WIFI booster is not going to fix an upsteam power level problem!

I mean a signal booster for the actual cable. This is typically marketed as a cable/signal booster CATV 2 way HDU 200 Booster, usually made by Technetix.

So this means you can have daily disconnections around 2am or spend your own money to fix the problem that is an issue on virgin media's network.

You can get them on ebay virgin media branded, I dont see why Virgin is not giving them to customers that need it, but they wont even sell it to me.

The fact that I have to get it form somewhere else, such as ebay, means they are requiring customers not only to pay but to get non virgin media approved splitter to connect to Virgin Media cabling - This can not be right!!

What if I order some cheap one from China and accidently damage Virgin Medias network?

0 Kudos