Menu
Highlighted
Nakchee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Net cutting off at 2am every night

Hi there, i am wondering if anyone can help with my recurring problem.

Every night at 2am exactly my internet goes off and the modem seems to be doing some stuff, it usually lasts at least half an hour up to 2 hrs.

I have contacted support who have told me to monitor this and get in touch when the problems happen so they can monitor it, i told them there is no way to get in touch outwith the hours specified on site, but it's like talking to a brick wall, as unfortunately they seem to have a rather poor grasp of english.

Anyway i am not paying full price for my service if my service is not up to scratch, i have recently been on the phone to retentions, who absoluteley refused to budge and offered me a lower package which is not what i need, i was sold the vivid 350 on the basis that my internet connection would be the most stable you guys can provide, as i am a streamer and content creator this is very important to me.

Please let me know what i can do to further this as they are saying they see no problems at that specified time. this has been happening for weeks now 😞

thank you very much

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Net cutting off at 2am every night

First, set up a free “BQM” to continually monitor the state of your connection and any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all of your network disconnection data (ensure you have “enable ping” box ticked in the hub settings).

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It could be VM doing maintenance on the local circuit, as they tend to work on the network in the early hours of the morning to minimise disruption.

The BQM would be useful.

Note, there is no enable ICMP echoes with the Hub 3.

Nakchee
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

BQM set up (i think) lol, so will monitor it overnight and get back to you guys tomorrow, thank you for the help and advice so far 🙂

0 Kudos
Nakchee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

ok got this BQM done overnight, and as expected the net went off around 2am and did not come back on till around 5am.

Virgin media said they can see no fault lol, well hopefully proves that something is not right.

https://imgur.com/MIksMal

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Obvious question and of little help but... are you sure there are no devices on timers on your electrical circuit - timed to go off at 2am? If not, what are the Hub lights showing during the "down time"?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Nakchee
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Nope no timers for anything, and the hub usually when it goes off, it flashes red for a sec, then goes green, with the white light at bottom changing to green, and the two little boxes symbol appear in green also

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK - solid green base light usually means network problem! Try calling in again (go down options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving" in business hours you usually get a UK call centre - say you are thinking of leaving if the downtime issue is not resolved - when is it due to be fixed !

Also a VM person should pick this up in a day or two and be able to help some more.

--------------------
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I think you have proved your case, hopefully a VM Forum Team member can arrange to have your connection looked into in more detail as the Outsourced Customer Services have been impotent in this case.

Interestingly, you connection looks a lot better after the downtime although the packet loss would be a concern.

Nakchee
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

once i showed them the BQM there wasn't much they could say really lol, Engineer is coming out on monday 😉 hopefully get this sorted once and for all, thanks again for all the help folks, really appreciate it .

0 Kudos