cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest doorbell going offline hub3

Racked-off
Tuning in

My nest doorbell worked perfectly for 2 years, then constantly dropping off line. 
Stays on at night sometimes then from 8am goes offline every 10minutes for 3 minutes.

Google /Nest believe it is a router issue. Tend to agree looking at other users posts.

Done a factory reset on doorbell/hub/ had hub replaced by virgin. Works for a bit then keeps going offline.

Logged into hub, lots of critical messages in network log. 
What have Virgin changed/updated.
Are the Hub3’s just rubbish?

Anyone got any the answer?

23 REPLIES 23

Hi Sofia, not solved!

Far from it!
Will be contacting Virgin again to complain. Poor service so far

and still 

Racked Off!

Hi Racked-off, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. Apologies to hear things are still not resolved. It looks like Sofia went off your last post which advised things were working again. 

Are you having issues with all devices or just this one? 

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Maybe a hub 5 will fix it
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Kath, 

Called Virgin today, first member of staff tells me nothing wrong with Hub3 I need to speak to Gadget Team.

Speak to gadget team, they say it must be the door bell. But for a price they can make the 2g signal more stable. To me that is Virgins responsibility. I have split the 2g and 5G signals and suggest to gadget team that if I connect ALL devices to 2g network they will all drop signal.

So as Virgin suggest all my devices will be faulty including their tv boxes. Do you get where I’m going with this🤷🏻‍♂️

Faulty router then?

Get gadget team to transfer me back to complaints team. Speak to them, no help. Suggest they are not providing me with the services i am paying for.

Transferred  again and offered at a cost to go to a mega broadband, seriously! Say I’m happy to have old router as they worked fine, after repeating myself many times offered a network extender.  Hopefully this will work.

But the 2g network use to work, it doesn’t now. In the UK security cameras/ camera door bells run on 2G. Some people will pay to get these fixed with the gadget team as they want their home security they have invested in to work and keep their homes safe.

Virgin need to sort out their routers, I am not the only customer experiencing these problems. If the extenders work why not offer these at the being instead of 47 minutes later after making a long standing customer extremely frustrated. The customer is king, you should remember that.

Let see if extender works.🙋🏻‍♂️

@Racked-off wrote:

Let see if extender works.

Its not going to help...😑

Good Morning @Racked-off, can you please advise me if you've received the Wi-Fi extender and if this has had a positive effect on the service, and in particular, to the ring doorbell?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David, yes received extender. 2m from router, then extender 1.5 meters from doorbell.
It is still dropping offline in the day, which is a shame as when the police  wanted footage of a car being stolen from across the road today I had to tell them my doorbell was offline for the 3 minutes when the crime was being committed. They said it must be the router😉

I shall be contacting Virgin again when I have the time and the patience to repeat myself again for the fifth time. Or they could just sort out the router like any decent service provider.

Racked Off

Easy fix get a better well coded router and use the hub in modem mode.

Do any other devices drop offline when the connection on the doorbell drops, or is it simply just the doorbell?

Have you possibly tried relocating the extenders to see if that's able to issue a more stable connection for the doorbell? Are there any other Wi-Fi devices currently sat close to the hub that can be connected via an Ethernet cable, or any devices close to the doorbell that can be relocated?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I have done all the suggestions. If a device is connected to the 2g network it will drop offline. 
The gadget team say they can fix this at price.

Virgin could sort the problem but choose not to. 
As said previously Virgin supply the router and its not fit for purpose.