cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbours had virgin.. but I can’t get it?

Richjamesstreer
Tuning in

So, I’m having a dilema.  I’ve got a feeling fibre from the Openreach or City are going to take forever.  So I’ve looked into getting virgin.  What a joke their help centre and sales team is.  So my next door neighbour can get fibre… but I can’t?  So I can’t see any reason for it.  The cat v junction point is clear to my house.  They could easily use this as access.  I want to know the EXACT reason an ‘engineer’ came out to evaluate the work.. and saw that it wasn’t a capability?  I’m an engineer myself working in a factory industry this is a SIMPLE job.  It’s a tap into the fibre cable run one off to my address and véala connected.  I’ve had to come on here to see if I can get someone to answer as the call centre NEVER call back, and I’ve not had one straight answer yet as to the problem. Hopefully now I can get an answer.

5 REPLIES 5

Richjamesstreer
Tuning in

So, I’m having a dilema.  I’ve got a feeling fibre from the Openreach or City are going to take forever.  So I’ve looked into getting virgin.  What a joke their help centre and sales team is.  So my next door neighbour can get fibre… but I can’t?  So I can’t see any reason for it.  The cat v junction point is clear to my house.  They could easily use this as access.  I want to know the EXACT reason an ‘engineer’ came out to evaluate the work.. and saw that it wasn’t a capability?  I’m an engineer myself working in a factory industry this is a SIMPLE job.  It’s a tap into the fibre cable run one off to my address and véala connected.  I’ve had to come on here to see if I can get someone to answer as the call centre NEVER call back, and I’ve not had one straight answer yet as to the problem.

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @Richjamesstreer 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

There could be a number of reasons why one property could receive service and not another. It’s very difficult to say without understanding it a little more so I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Once we have a better understanding we may be able to escalate this to one of our team to resolve for you because we would love to have you as a customer.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Jon

where will I find the private message?  It’s fine if there’s an actual reason.  But as an engineer I cannot see an issue whatsoever.  The fibres were ran down my street as my neighbours have it.  Absolutely no reason for me not to gain access… also I’d be ordering the 1GB as well which works well in your favour as it’s higher price 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Richjamesstreer wrote:

So, I’m having a dilema.  I’ve got a feeling fibre from the Openreach or City are going to take forever.  So I’ve looked into getting virgin.  What a joke their help centre and sales team is.  So my next door neighbour can get fibre… but I can’t?  So I can’t see any reason for it.  The cat v junction point is clear to my house.  They could easily use this as access.  I want to know the EXACT reason an ‘engineer’ came out to evaluate the work.. and saw that it wasn’t a capability?  I’m an engineer myself working in a factory industry this is a SIMPLE job.  It’s a tap into the fibre cable run one off to my address and véala connected.  I’ve had to come on here to see if I can get someone to answer as the call centre NEVER call back, and I’ve not had one straight answer yet as to the problem.

In most locations Virgin have their own street infrastructure, they do not share with Openreach. Most of the network is serviced fibre to cabinet with high grade copper coaxial cables to the customer, which are unsuitable for pulling down BT ducts. 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Richjamesstreer 

please keep an eye out for the little envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your screen. Thank you.

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more