Menu
roblye
Joining in
Message 81 of 145
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to reset router every day

HI Katie

Apologies I wasn't trying to "jump the queue" but trying to give as much information as possible.
AS stated I will try a reboot tonight after finishing work but the devices didn't connect even when the new router was initially connected.

As for wired connections, what is the limit?
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 82 of 145
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @solanoah

Pop back after around 24/48 hours with the link or screenshot and we can see what is happening. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 83 of 145
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @roblye - we always appreciate as much information as possible so it is always welcomed. 

Let us know when you've done the reboot and we can check again for you. 

With the devices that are having issues (MacBook, Amazon Fire Box (not fire stick), Amazon Blink cctv and PS4) - how are you trying, both wired and WiFi? What happens when you try and connect. 

Have you attempted disconnecting the other devices and connecting these up one at a time? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
roblye
Joining in
Message 84 of 145
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I ill reboot a bit later after I finish working. . . . I have tried to connect both wired and wifi with the PS4. . . the Blink is only wifi. . . . but as I said, it appears that the router cannot automatically allocate IP addresses via DHCP (thats what I looked up as I don't understand it). .

Once I have re-booted I will see what happens but really it all worked before until about three weeks ago when it started dropping devices, and even with the new router/hub, I cannot get everything back again.
0 Kudos
solanoah
Tuning in
Message 85 of 145
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 86 of 145
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this solanoah

When you've rebooted.  Do you mean you've switched it off/on at the power?  Or do you mean you've done a Pin Hole Reset?  Which is essentially taking your hub back to factory settings.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
solanoah
Tuning in
Message 87 of 145
Flag for a moderator

Power off/on

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 88 of 145
Flag for a moderator

Can I ask you then to please try the Pin Hole Reset at a convenient time for you?  As it does essentially take your hub back to factory settings, I do need to pre-advise you would need to re-connect your devices to the WiFi.

Regards

Lee_R 

0 Kudos
solanoah
Tuning in
Message 89 of 145
Flag for a moderator

Come on guys,

I am not convinced that that is the solution because all the settings are exactly as it was delivered apart from changing the Wi-fi names.

Every other thing is the same!

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 90 of 145
Flag for a moderator

Hi solanoah,

Thank you for coming back to us, a pin reset can resolve a lot of issues including software problems, please push a pin in the reset hole at the back of the router while the router is on, hold in for a timed 1 minute, please do not reboot during or after and allow around 10 minutes to settle down afterwards.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos