Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Need to order Boosters

Virgin installed on Saturday.... so far NOT happy at all, work from home and the main reason for swapping to Virgin from Sky was a faster speeds & the promise of reliability, however... THE ONE room in the house we need reliable internet - ie my work studio isnt picking up ANY signal what so ever, (2 other rooms also no connection) in 2 days I've used all my mobile phone data creating a mobile hotspot which is the only way I am able to get a connection in my workspace - DO NOT tell me to ring - wife has been on the phone for 3 DAYS constantly trying to get through to order more boosters and so far despite several hours in a queue hasnt got through to speak to anyone - THIS IS A JOKE - should be able to order online but because we already have 2 boosters (one in the main hub!!) you cannot order more through the app... the rep who came to door a month ago and persuaded us to sign up, who promised to be our point of contact in event of any issues has strangely become non contactable - can SOMEONE get in touch with me today and sort this out PLEASE!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to order Boosters

WiFi speeds and connectivity are not guaranteed.

If you need more boosters you need to call or use the SMS service to request them.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to order Boosters

Remember, you can cancel within 14 days with no exit fees if you are not happy. As gary has said VM (like all ISP's) dont actually "guarantee" wifi - they can't - your house may be a Faraday Cage". They will sell you a package that guarantees it "or your money back"

As you are using the App you must have a Hub3 (is that right?). It's wifi works just fine for most customers but for others they require boosters and then for some, no matter how many boosters you get it doesnt solve the issue. There ar some "tweaks" to the Hub that you can try that might help - but really if its "no signal" they wont help. There are many reasons for "poor" wifi that we can go into if you like.

Just to check as you haven't said... if you connect a computer/laptop to the Hub by ethernet cable is that connection fast and stable? If you don't know - can you "test" it - just to see if it is "only" a wifi issue or whether you have a VM connection issue - there are different solutions to thoose scenarios.

The simple (albeit £) solution to wifi only issues is to put the Hub into modem mode and use your own better quality wifi equipment that will be yours to keep and be transferable to any other ISP you may move to. I did that ~20 years ago and have never had a wifi only issue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos