cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to move Virgin Hub 5

BonnieTP2
Tuning in

Seeking to construct a media wall where my fibre broadband enters the property. It appears that there is about 1 metre of coax extending from the wall to the hub, however the hub needs to move as the whole wall is being boxed in and tiled (apart from the fire and smart tv). Is it just a case of getting a longer length of coax (approx 3 metres) or is it more complicated and I’d be in danger of compromising the 500 Mbps I currently enjoy.

Also been told I would be better off with an Ethernet connection between Hub and TV - would appreciate opinions on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you are ready to go, just call in and book  Tech visit to relocate the Hub and balance everything up - will be a £25 charge.

Ethernet connectivity is always the best way to connect any device to the Hub - so pre-install Cat6a cabling between the two locations - and perhaps to other locations around your property

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you are ready to go, just call in and book  Tech visit to relocate the Hub and balance everything up - will be a £25 charge.

Ethernet connectivity is always the best way to connect any device to the Hub - so pre-install Cat6a cabling between the two locations - and perhaps to other locations around your property

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.