Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Need to extend services to a rolling contract

Hi,

I gave notice to cancel before Covid-19 hit, due to the lockdown I can’t get my new services installed so need to extend my broadband contract. I was advised by Virgin Media staff to call this week and moving to a rolling contract. I am due to be cut off in 2 days and need internet to work from home, otherwise I won’t get paid. 

I have tried calling no less than 6 times over the last 2 days and every time I have been waiting for between 20-30 minutes the call gets disconnected. I have tried with different phone and network providers so it is not a signal issue at my end. I can see on social media that lots of people are experiencing this problem so it must be a Virgin issue. 

is there any other way to contact Virgin? I’ve seen on Twitter that they are asking people to message them but I can’t work out how as the email function on their website has been disabled. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to extend services to a rolling contract

Worth trying between 08.00-09.00 first - that's the best time to get someone who can help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Niccih86, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry you've been unable to get through on the phones, I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you to help with this.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex_RM, I have the same problem and I need to extend my rolling contract ASAP before it gets cut on 3rd April and I can't get through on any phone line or emails.
Please get in contact 

Thanks 
Olivia 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex_RM,

I have the exact same problem and would be extremely grateful if you can help me out with this. 

Thank you,

Jay

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jay_goone

Thanks for taking the time to contact us in regards to the current situation and the impact it's had on you. We're here to help as much as possible. 

Are you looking to indefinitely cancel the cancellation? This would mean having to call again at a later date to give your 30 days notice again.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the reply. I was supposed to move out of my house tomorrow, but due to Covid I plan to stay till the end of June at least.

So I hope it’ll be 2 months or possibly a rolling contract as I am not entirely sure when the lockdown will end.

Jay 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Jay, I'm going to send you a private message to get some more details form you to look into this further.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

I have exactly the same problems as discussed in this thread. Could you please help me out as well? 

Thanks in advance

Kind regards 

Ross

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi RossN

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums.

Do you currently have a disconnection in place that you're looking to cancel?

Let me know and I'll be happy to help. 

Rob

0 Kudos