Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Need to book an engineer (broadband only)

I have just moved to the new house in Bristol.

I checked if it was available to have broadband a day before in the Virgin Media website and it was told that I can even do the installation by myself - with "quick installation package" (no engineer). However, I do not have a virgin wall socket and I spent hours of trying to book and engineer as I have an "Openreach" box on the wall. 2020-10-28.jpgOf course, I tried to call for an engineer to come and change the socket where I can plug in the Virgin cable. Unfortunately, most the time I have an automated voice telling me that "everything with the cables is perfect but seems that the router is not plugged in".

Does anyone have any information how I can book a technician from Virgin? I spent hours for calls for the last 2 days and only being transferred to speak from person to person. I even tried to go to a Virgin shop which also does not work. 

Any information if Virgin sells the stuff needed for changing the wall sockets would also be helpful as I am not able to use the service for which I will have to pay.    

Thank you for any information.

Regards,
Simeon

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to book an engineer (broadband only)

all shops are closed and are not reopening.
VM can't "change" any of the BT hardware and VM do not use the BT network.

They will need to install a new box and cable from the green box to your house.

You can wait here for VM staff to reply (can take about a week currently) or try calling (just aster 8am is best) and ask for a manned install

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It looks like there was one there but the previous owner/tenant has removed it. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Monni_bg, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry about this and for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've had a look at the back end of things from here and can see you've since been in touch and the team have helped with this. 

Please let us know if you need anything else. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos