Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Need new modem

Hi , my internet hasn’t been working properly for some time now . I think I need a new modem . All my neighbours have had problems also . I can’t seem to get through . I need someone to contact me ASAP as I’m paying and not getting the full service . Iv been with the company for 5 years now . If someone could contact me back and call me that would be great . My postcode is ba14 6gn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need new modem

what makes you think you need a new modem? what issues are you having? you said you neighbours also had issues so that suggests the issue is not your modem, but the external cabling etc.

explain your issue, in detail.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

My neighbours have told me they had their modem updated . Basically all the lights stopped working and the internet turns on and off all the time . I need a update or someone to come look ASAP as I’m paying a lot and not getting what u should be 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

what troubleshooting have you done?
you say "the lights stopped working" is it just the lights or does anything else stop working whilst this is happening?
you say "the internet turns on and off all the time" - do you mean actual internet or just wifi? (they are not the same thing).

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked the service status page?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Well all the lights turnt off on the modem for a few days . And inside it I hear something rattling . All light have come back on now but there is obviously something that’s not connecting properly. And the internet doesn’t work , the WiFi is always on , as it shows on my phone but it doesn’t always connect so I unplug the whole thing and put it back on then it works. Internet won’t connect on my telly or my sons Xbox at all . But phones it’s on a off . I really don’t understand why that is . But where my telly isn’t working , means my son Xbox live won’t , and my fire stick won’t. As you can imagine it’s highly frustrating 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Does a wired connection work?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I don’t know . How would I do that ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Connect a device via Ethernet cable

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I don’t have a clue what that is ? I’m not very clued up with things , just know the basics . If someone from virgin could call and explain that would be great . 

0 Kudos