Menu
Lance67
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Need my HUB3 to be replaced with a new one!!!

Re: Virgin 3.0 Hub Wifi keeps dropping all Wifi devices
@Lance67 wrote:

Hi there, I have been a happy customer for 5 years but for at least the last year and a half, have I been doing exactly what you are, rebooting my hib3 every single day and I have had to stop using any smart home items as they needed to be set up from scratch every time the connection with the internet disconnected. I have a fairly small but open space new designed 1bedroom flat and everywhere is there full wifi connection with the hub but it’s the hub itself playing up. 
I have been in contact several times lately in all kind of ways but being unsuccessful in getting through that the hub is playing up and not my iphone or imac. Why is it so much avoidance of replacing the hub itself rather than having the customer running around doing this or that and having now longer time and days to weeks with inconvenience and a product payed for but not getting ithe full use of what I am paying for too. 

So does anyone know how to get any action in getting euther the hub3 replaced or even getting the upgrade to a hub4 since the new fiber net and connections are in place and its only the software to be added anytime for the full version of the service?!!!  

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need my HUB3 to be replaced with a new one!!!

If it’s just Wifi dropping put the hub into modem mode and attach your own router or mesh system.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Lance67
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi , unfortunately it’s not the wifi itself  from the router out to the products that is playing up. It is the routers connection with the fiber broadband/ or should I say to the internet itself. 
There is no internet connection suddenly even though the signal of wifi is full on there are not any of my products that are online or can get out on the internet and my Smart home items do unfortunately kick out as they aren’t happy with the way the connection to the 4G data is taking over and I have to start over completely with the initial process of getting them and the app up back and running again and then 20 minutes later it’s the same again.  As I have been checking the serviceability and the signal of the broadband /internet is not down , but the wifi is picked up but the wifi signal doesn’t carry any internet connection from the router. Something is suddenly causing the incoming data/connection of the internet to stop as it gets to the hub3 and the hub is just sending out an empty wifi connection and when the web browser or the app or site I am on sense that it is not getting out and just stands grinding with no internet connection, they normally either keeps trying or they shut down as they have been set up to do if connection with the internet is broken or not available. 
I am sorry for the late response to your message and I hope that maybe I could explain it a bit clearer this time. 
The hub3 is the malfunctioning product in this problem !! 🙏

0 Kudos
365nice
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I think you will find that the hub is just more stable in modem mode as its just a dumb device at this point - and you offload the Wifi and Firewall etc to a new better device.

I too found that my devices were connected to the hub wifi but the hub itself just wasn't functioning properly and had to be rebooted constantly. I think people with more advanced setups (which it sounds like you have) find that a more reputable router is just more reliable. You just leave the hub as an authorised way to connect to the VM network.

Hope that helps.

Lance67
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So why is it so hard or impossible for VM to swap their equipment they offer to customers with their broadband? 
A simple quick replacement would not only mostly solve the customers problem as I see there are many more having the same experience and problem, but it would keep the customers feeling satisfied and looked after and not thinking about changing company as well as all the negative pa that generates as we all know and have seen in matters that are not properly being taken care of or taken the proper responsibility from the providing side. 
xx

0 Kudos