cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help

Bb1889
Joining in

Had WiFi setup about 2 weeks ago and having lots of problems and can't work out how to speak to someone to resolve 

The wifi seems good in the room that the router is in.  It was very poor elsewhere.  I upgraded my account and got a pod.  This has improved things a bit but the service is still not good.

I have rooms in the house with no signal so I cant evern use the Connect app to test the signal - it just doesnt even see the wifi.

I have other rooms where things are usually fine but speeds seem to be very variable.  I cant work out if this is a problem with the signal to my house or in the house.

This is very frustrating - I moved from Sky because I was not happy with their service but this seems even worse - the app keeps saying "try again in 24 hours" which isnt useful.

I have tried all the help guides in the app and online (turning off, checking plugs etc).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

The VM Pod's placement is critical to its success, the VM Pod needs to be place where there is a signal from the Hub for it re-broadcast.   The classic error is to place a VM Pod in an office or bedroom where the Hub's signal is far too weak or not available to be re-broadcast.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

The VM Pod's placement is critical to its success, the VM Pod needs to be place where there is a signal from the Hub for it re-broadcast.   The classic error is to place a VM Pod in an office or bedroom where the Hub's signal is far too weak or not available to be re-broadcast.

Thanks for the reply.

It's a few meters away from the router and gets decent signal. (It's where I had the sky booster when I was with them)

Grrr, I didn't want to mark this as solved, just to say the reply was helpful.

Is there any way to contact someone at virgin? This is pretty aggravating having to bug people on a forum to get help with their product.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Bb1889 

If you need additional pods you can order them by logging into /my-virgin-media , as per the info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max ?

How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?
If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to My Virgin Media, clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab.  
VM will only send out one at a time, and there must be at least  7 days before ordering each one. It's up to three in total depending upon coverage. 

Re the post  that's marked as solved -
Go to the post and click on the down arrow in a circle in the top right hand corner
This opens a drop down menu (see picture below) click on Not a helpful answer and it will remove the Solved mark.
Not helpful.jpg
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Client62
Legend

Go ahead and mark a "Not a Helpful Answer".  

VM Pods are free on some subscriptions, but when they are not free they cost £8 per month each it is less costly to buy your own Wireless Repeaters.  Dual Band Wi-Fi repeaters ( like a TP-LINK AC750 ) begin at £23 each in Argos / Amazon etc and work with any ISP.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bb1889 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised with your WiFi performance.

We can see that you have recently reached out to us via other methods than here, but we hope you have been provided with at least an update on what is happening.

If you do need any further help going forwards, please let us know!

Many thanks

Tom_W

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to clear any misunderstanding, if you have to pay for the wifi pods on WiFi max then they are £8 per month in total, not £8 per month each

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali